When Topland Hotels merged Menzies Hotels with Hallmark Hotels the portfolio grew to 20 Hotels comprising of 2,700 bedrooms now operating under the Hallmark brand.
After an extensive tender process Crowthorne was selected to provide 12 of the then Menzies Hotels with WiFi that is fast, reliable, resilient and scalable for both guests and staff to build customer loyalty and streamline hotel operations.
With Hallmarks reputation for excellence like many hotels they faced difficulty with its existing network and systems which were often from separate providers this proved hard to manage. The legacy access points they previously had in place presented WiFi deadspots and also struggled to maintain connections. Presenting slow, unresponsive performance.
As an accredited Ruckus Wireless Top Dog Partner, Crowthorne specified an equipment requirement consisting of the R500’s, R700’s H500’s and T300’s access points with Ruckus’s BeamFlex+ technology and adaptive antennas. We catered for WiFi for 1,215 bedrooms and 87 conference rooms. The coverage for broadband that guests now enjoy is superb and reliable, leading to an excellent guest experience.
Feature rich zone controllers were installed to simply manage & co-ordinate the quantity of Aps provide simply guest access and supports multiple VLANSs. Coupled with Crowthorne’s professional installation and technical support the solution was second to none.
This is not a simple task for most; it takes specialist knowledge, good partnerships with Ruckus and distributers Purdicom. Crowthorne have invested for WiFi. Our implementation and support teams are specialized specifically for the technology that we provision, leaving us confident and passionate about what we do.
We continue to support the 12 Hallmark Hotels with pro-active monitoring and diagnostics. We are able to identify quickly for potential issues via alarm notification alerts and remote access diagnostic testing. Our Nation wide support team and our continued responsibility within our supporting role, Crowthorne are trusted providers for so many Hotel owners and businesses alike.
One of Hallmarks most prestigious hotels- Hallmark Hotel – The Welcombe.
A Grade ll listed 19th century neo-Jacobean mansion. This beautiful example of architecture, designed by Henry Clutton boasts 157 verdant acres, magnificent open fires, ornate ceilings and elegant chandeliers and an excellent Golf Course.
With 78 superbly equipped rooms, all with free WiFi (yes that’s us) guests can enjoy streaming live content on multiple devices.
The scope of our project consisted of 12 Hotels.
- Hallmark Hotel the Welcombe, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Hallmark Bournemouth Carlton & Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff Hotels
- Hallmark Aberdeen Airport
- Hallmark Irvine
- Hallmark Birmingham City
- Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent
- Hallmark Inn Derby
- Hallmark Birmingham Strathallan
- Hallmark Cambridge
- Hallmark Glasgow
- Hallmark Flitwick Manor
It is of up most importance that survey work is accurate- armed with one of the most sophisticated and accurate survey software available in todays market Ekenhau was our preferred manufacturer.
Our team of engineers simultaneously surveyed every single square inch of each property where coverage was required, this included outside terraces where customers and staff still require access to the Internet as part of the hotels requirement.
Post surveys allow us to mark a comparison against the existing coverage and strength of a legacy system and allow us to plot our own solution specifically targeted to ensure 100% coverage and incredible strength, serving hundreds of guests and staff devices at one time.
Particular focus is directed to conference rooms where the density of devices will be significantly higher in a maxed out capacity. With each delegate averaging on using 2/3 devices at one time, live streaming and often using voice over WiFi as part of their Unified Communications it is crucial for a successful conference to meet the demands expected of both the organizers and the delegates.
Why should I update my hotels infrastructure?
Guests are bringing on average 2.5 devices (for families even more).
WiFi is now essential to customers; expectations will be high performance throughout the hotel.
Advanced loyalty schemes
Smart mobilization of staff, resource and optimization.
Managed services and latest wave of new devices i.e. Mobile PoS, in-room controls, IPTV/VoD, digital signage. VoIP. Central management of distributed sites.
Maintaining an updated infrastructure relies largely upon investing in up-to-date, high-performing network access points that can successfully deliver increased signal strength to your guests and staff for all of their devices.
Why can’t my current access points keep up with guest demand?
Early generation WiFi networks had one customer: the laptop. Therefore, single band access points with 2.4 GHz frequencies worked just fine. Today, WiFi networks are faced with serving numerous devices (including smartphones and tablets) that are performing a multitude of complicated tasks.
With all of this technological advancement, the access points of yesterday are having trouble keeping up. These older access points offer limited channel capacity and have become overburdened and are severely impacted by outside interference. The solution to circumventing these issues and to providing the connectivity guests expect is to equip your hotel with newer, dual band access points.
Why are dual band access points the solution?
Dual band access points allow guests to connect to the network on the 2.4 GHz frequencies, but also provide the ability for capable devices to connect on the 5.0 GHz frequencies. The 5.0 GHz frequency offers seven times more channel capacity, faster data transmission speeds and a more stable connection, while minimizing the likelihood of co-channel interference. These access points, and the 5.0 GHz radio spectrum, are best suited for the newer model “smart” devices.
While the size and performance of your Internet bandwidth is critical to providing reliable service to guests, it is equally important to make sure your WiFi network can handle your guests technologies as well as the increased bandwidth.
We consult on and provide total WiFi provisions- from the very connection of the broadband to the final landing page and support, we can provide a complete managed service.
Talk to us about high-end WLAN but is more affordable and easier to deploy and manage.
- Consistent, reliable connectivity that no other Wi-Fi vendor matches
- Two to four times the coverage using fewer access points
- Low packet loss and high RF performance
- A safer environment with less interference, through “eco-friendly” adaptive signal technology system self-healing capabilities
Future proof your investment with new cloud additions in CloudCoded: Increasing the value of investment through delivery of new features, automatic updates and support for new devices and technology.
CloudCoded is a WiFi as a service (Waas) complete managed WiFi solution. It proves high resiliency, reliability and performance for businesses and enterprises removing the requirement for physical on-site controllers.
CloudCoded is priced per access point and comes in several packages, depending on the organisations requirements which makes the solution extremely cost effective.
- ZoneManager is a carrier grade cloud-based network management controller that comes with every CloudCoded licence, delivering a set of wireless LAN features not found in any other Wifi cloud management system. It completely removes the need for a physical on-site controller and enables old and new Ruckus Wireless access points to be managed in the cloud.Some of the many benefits ZoneManager provides is multi-site management, simplified user interface, scalability, automatic feature updates, compatibility with existing access points and minimal capital expenditure.
- GuestManager is an add-on package for ZoneManager that enables organisations to provide superior guest access to the public, simplifying the provisioning, management and monetisation of public WiFi access. It can be offered as a complete marketing solution that can integrate into existing CRM systems, enabling mobile application, email or SMS marketing to be integrated as standard.A organisation can provide a custom user journey experience and a completely bespoke designed splash page that DigitalAir can design or use the organisations own in house web developers.Standard features of GuestManager include social login, data capture, paid access and bandwidth throttling.
- LocationManager is built on Ruckus Wireless SPoT, which provides the most accurate WiFi location analytical solution on the market. With built-in floor plans and google maps as standard, it accurately pinpoints in real time users locations in any indoor environment, providing deep data mining on location analytics via a user friendly dashboard.
- Analytics Manager is for organisations that require advanced analytical information about their WiFi network. AnalyticsManager (built on Ruckus Wireless ‘Smart Cell Insight’) transforms traditional network reporting into a vital business tool, collecting, analysing, presenting, and storing unprecedented amounts of user, traffic, session, and location information. Data from the largest networks can be stored and retrieved for 10 years!
For more information please call 0800 088 4848 or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org